Wednesday 30 October 2013

Life Happens But Beauty Is Given For Ashes In Christ



My book titled "it's a journey" is a product of several experiences based on the word and very deep thoughts. I have had several experiences that often left me very confused but the one sure thing for me, even in those confused times, is the word of God. Certainly, the word of God, is a sure anchor. There is no doubt in my mind that He truly goes through the valley of the shadow of death with me. Every experience has been different and revealed to me a different aspect of the nature and name of God drawing me closer to Him. Now I can say with certainty, again because of experience, that He is the God that will never leave nor forsake you. Indeed the more one knows Him, the closer one is drawn to Him.

Hebrews 6: 18 & 19a "So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls."

The thing though is if you want a close walk with Him, you can not go round those experiences through which the multifaceted God reveals Himself in a more personal way. To desire and seek to know Him is one thing but the challenge through which He may elect to reveal Himself is something else. For He often chooses to reveal Himself through an experience. I see a lot of believers cry out to God to reveal Himself though never wanting to go through any difficulty so how then will He reveal His fullness to you? For too long we have deluded ourselves concerning what it is to walk with God. This has led many astray. We have been deceived into thinking that believers will never face difficulties in life but Daniel was in the lion's den, the three Hebrew boys were thrown into fire and even Jesus went to the cross. Life happens to all.

Mathew 5: 45 "In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike."

Indeed Jesus suffered a lot before he got to the cross and that is God Himself on earth. If Our lives as believers is modeled after His then these challenges are definitely a part of the life we have been called to; but as it was with Him, victory is certain for us. The truth is things do happen in life but it is so much easier when you have the giver and controller of life with you as you 'go through.' Over time, I have realized that God obviously takes our lives much more seriously than we do. Hence He allows the process that builds and strengthens us that we may attain unto the greatness that He has called us to. Sadly, we see too many believers drawing back because of these temporary difficulties/pain. One sees the joy of many turn to bitterness so that they are clothe with
garments of heaviness and also those who found a way round that 'tough Christianity' who have forgotten that the road is narrow that leads to heaven - our ultimate destination.

As I struggle with my own walk with God, my heart yearns for everyone that is drawing or has drawn back. It is time to draw strength to return to God. His hands are always stretched out to receive anyone who turns to Him. People ask me often what inspired my writing the book 'its's a journey'; my answer is this - it is seeing people who genuinely love God turn away from Him because life happened and they didn't think it could or should happen to them so they are disappointed in God whom they then feel is either too slow in resolving the matter or not interested when He is indeed working to resolve it permanently and in the best way possible. I wrote the book also to let you see that it's not happening in just your life and that it is happening doesn't make you bad. Furthermore, it is to help endure whilst it last taking advantage of all God has provided to help you through this tough time. Information makes a difference.



In this book, I took the liberty of sharing the things I learnt from the word of God as I went through each experience everyone forming a pattern that when put together is my life. Interesting, there are yet many more patterns forming. The book is simple despite the hard truths that are shared in it because it is based on the word of God which is so simple that not many wise people are interested in it and intellectuals  often find it foolish but that is how God has elected to reveal Himself. You can order this book online from Konga.com. Direct link for the book is www.konga.com\products\it's-a-journey-papercover. You can also get copies from Patabah bookshop, shop B16 Adeniran Ogunsanya shopping Complex, Surulere; MercyPlace Parish, blue Island Lekki or God's Favourite House, House 27b Ikota Estate, Behind Mega Chicken, Lekki.
 

3 comments:

  1. I just love you Pastor B......This is the message etched into the 'scars' I wear boldly today.....and I daresay proudly. Not proud of myself but of my God. But for Him.......*no words*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pastor B, I was blessed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God someone was blessed by this article. Dearest salt, it is a manifestation of the goodness of God that we have these experiences. Some people never have them. Please enjoy your life. It is your time.

    ReplyDelete