Monday 23 August 2010

Me? Royalty? Yes! Absolutely!

Last week, we agreed that we are ‘too much’. God has done and put too much in us; He has gone to too much trouble to ensure that we know who we are. It’s so amazing and I definitely like the way I am feeling with this fresh revelation of how valuable I am. I want you to think about it deeply yourself. Don’t just accept it. Please think on it, meditate on it and you will see the difference that it makes to your mind and conversely, your person. I can’t impose that view on you but I can provoke you to seek understanding that you may find your worth in Christ again.


1 Peter 2: 9 NLT – ‘But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation God’s very possession. As a result, you are can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of His darkness into His wonderful light.


The Bible calls us royalty. We are no longer the ordinary people that we were but do we really know what royalty is about? It has responsibilities and for those who were not born into it, we have a lot of learning to do. I have found over the years from observing people who got married into royalty that anyone who did not alter their own attitude to life, had issues with living in those families. Indeed, a number of royal marriages broke down for those reasons. A number of those that have not broken down have one spouse (or both spouses) usually the one that married into royalty, living a miserable life - just doing their best to endure the so called ‘royal life’. The same way some of us are enduring our lives in Christ. Interestingly, Christ royalty comes with fullness of joy. God brings us from nothingness into His family that we may have joy and that our joy may be full. The Bible describes our previous state below


1 Peter 2: 10 NLT – ‘Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy’


If we do not change our attitude and mindset, we have challenges. What is meant to give us privileges begins to be a burden and we don’t’ enjoy the righteousness, peace and joy that is our portion in the Holy Ghost. There needs to be a change of attitude; an altering of mindset that makes righteous living fun. Otherwise, this whole newness of life becomes a real pain. Do you know that royals have challenges too? The important thing is that their challenges do not make them compromise their position. They resolve the issues in the way that only royals do. You and I need to begin to think like royalty because that is who we are.


Romans 12: 2NLT ‘Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think…’


I know an old song that says ‘I am somebody, I’ve been washed in His blood, I’ve been filled with His power, and I am a child of the glorious king’. I tell you – ‘I am who I am’. Without a doubt, I am somebody and you are privileged to know me. This is not pride, it is revelation knowledge. Of course, I am getting better everyday as I get more acquainted with the values that make me royalty but even now, I am ‘too much’ and you are also ‘too much’ if you are saved. It has nothing to do with what you have or don’t have. It’s a new birth reality.

Please post your comments to this blog if you have any.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, this thing is like a myth! We don't resemble royalty at all. Rather we are like game to the devil and his cohorts. But since the bible is true from Genesis to Revelation, then the problem is us now. I think that the devil( i try not to blame him too much because we allow him)has blinded us to this truth knowing what damage we can inflict in his kingdom. Who would dare us when they know that once we speak it is done? Who would dare us when they know that we carry the power of the Most high God? But they dare us because we don't know and 'they' know we don't know. We are game for the enemy because we toy with those things that seep out the authority we should carry as true royals and the devil knows. Honestly, i'm tired of being game Pastor B. I know that the bible says I'm royalty but I need more than head knowledge. I need to know with a knowing. I really want this so badly. I need to see myself as my Father sees me( now i'm sounding like my son and his 'need to'). But I really need to know where heaven has placed me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, particularly because it would appear that, in this season, God is desperately trying to reach us with the message of who we are in Him. The messages we hear, prophetic words we receive all seem to point in this direction; could it be because too many us are living ordinary lives and walking daily, ignorant of our potential to be extraordinary? Could it also be that too many believers are living less that than the dignified life, that God has ordained for us to live? I receive this word and the Grace to work therein!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, this has come at a right time.yesterday, i virtually struggled through the day over what someone said to my sister.she is saved just as I am.but you know how occassionally one feels so hurt and you just loose grip of who and of whom you are.I believe God gave you this specifically for me pastor.
    There's never been time like this time that we all,i.e, christians need to wake up to this spiritual reality .Knowing who we are in christ would determine ultimately how people treat us. Isn't it amazing that the question you hear people (especially Nigerians) ask themselves during a fight, eg on a typical lagos roads is, WHO ARE YOU?, DO U KNOW WHO I AM ? While these are all unecessary and most time they are really nobodies, they reveal one thing, the place of IDENTITY.someone would go any length to have a particular important personality recommend them for various things, that's because they want to be perceived a certain way.
    But praise God we are called by the name of our KING, JESUS; that's why HE said GO IN MY NAME! thank you pastor.I TOO MUCH BECAUSE JESUS TOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is intersting. I have grasped a lot in these comments. It is truly necessary to man that he knows who he is. If you don't know who you are, then you leave room to circumstances and other people to tell you who you are. Do you know that even Jesus declared his identity over and over again?

    I don't know about you but i think i needed to be reminded again of who i am. Having gone through several challenges in life and getting beaten several times over, despite the healing, I think i started loosing sight of I really am. It happens so subtly that you don't even know that you don't quiet see yourself like you should anymore. Sadly, some people never even understood what family they were born into the day they got saved.GOD!!! I really want to live this more dignified life. You and i need to meditate more and more on that. We need to think of it over and over again until the reality of who we are saturates our very being.

    I definitely agree with Ameze- God is desperate for us to be the royals that we are born to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There i was in church listening to a sermon on humility and it occurred to me that nothing could be more humbling than knowing that i was a nobody's nobody and God in all His majesty came and subjected Himself to His creations, just so that by His death, i may become what He is...King and Priest to our God.
    However, the most self confident of us will admit that it is a constant battle to assert our person in God, a few waves here and there and we loose focus of that royalty and begin to sink under the weight of doubt plus every other thing that was created to be under our dominion.
    May my/our eyes be opened that I/we may ALWAYS know (irrespective of our present situation) what is the hope of His calling,the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints and what is the greatness of His exceeding power to usward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been mulling over this blog for some days now....trying to figure out why its sometimes or almost always hard to walk in this royalty realm that God paid such a price to place me. And this is what I think.

    It would seem that I still dont really understand that I have died and am now BORN again. In my rebirth, I have become Royalty. Period. I AM royalty. Its in my blood. I am still going round like someone just 'borrowed' me the Royalty and that its not my birth right. I am not sure if I am making sense but do you ever see a purebred royal going around trying to prove their blood line? They dont need to. They just know. And they live like they know. They are confident in who they are and the power they wield.

    Do I live like I know I am royal? Do I behave like a royal member of God's kingdom....Not as I should and THAT is why I cannot fully walk that walk. Cos I am riddled with guilt that I am not'representing' my kingdom 100%. If was I, then I would be confident to walk as a born and bred Royalty. When one is walking pleasing to God, there is something about the way you will walk cos you will know that POWER is on the inside of you because there is no 'spot' in you. Like there was no 'spot' in Jesus.

    So YES we are royal but to operate at this awesome level of joy, power, confidence and authority, we MUST be holy. Through and through......

    Maybe its just me, but this is what I think and this is what I am striving to be.....Cos I am too much to be living below the level God has ordained for me.

    Mwaah Pastor B! For getting me to think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes the most self confident of us will loose confidence as soon as we take our eyes off Christ and begin to focus on anyother thing or person. The Bible says we should runs this christian race looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.As soon as Peter took his eyes off Jesus, he started to sink.We must be very focused.

    ReplyDelete