Thursday 21 January 2016

O! How I wish Life Could Be “The Spa”

O! Can someone make life a spa please; I mean, an unreal world becoming the real world? My friend has a Spa where I go when I really want to feel beautiful. Lansey Spa has such a beautiful atmosphere that even if you just visit and do nothing, you come out feeling different in a very good way. The staff are nice, not ‘syrupy sweet’ which is unreal by the way; the atmosphere is right and there is beautiful Christian music playing in the background. The music transcends any issues that may burden one; reaching into the depths of one’s being in an unobtrusive way, yet lifting those burdens albeit so gently you don’t notice that something is changing inside you. I am certain a lot of people leave there with a feeling they want to keep forever. How I wish life could be that Spa but I hate to say this – It isn’t. Soon after I come out of Lansey, reality hits. Almost immediately, issues begin to bombard me and I almost want to turn off my phone, sorry phones if you live where I live, but then you need them on and even making the right decisions as to what you ought to do with the phones becomes stressful.
 
Ecclesiastes 2: 17b “Everything done here under the sun is so troubling. Everything is meaningless – like chasing the wind.”
 
I am thinking that it may be wise to put a hold on making major decisions until one is in a Spa like my friend’s own. That may indeed be the best place to make serious decisions because whilst you are yet contemplating whether or not you are better off with your phones on or off, you hear that the exchange rate is worse than it was before you entered the Spa and someone died for very poor medical care, which is poor because someone took money they shouldn’t have; it really goes on and seems endless. This is the reality of the life we live especially if you live in that part of the world where I live yet God says “Be Still”. Please tell me, how real is that? It is tough to understand the mind of God when despite all that is happening you hear His word in your spirit saying “Be still”. Isn’t this a tall order for anyone in this part of the world yet that is the life of the believer – receiving the most unusual instruction at the most unusual time? Life does get tough for the believer and sometimes it feels like God complicates it further with His instructions yet His instructions are always right.
 
Hebrews 4: 15 “This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin.”
 
Psalm 139: 2 – 3 “You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do.”
 
Despite that His instructions often seem out of place, God knows all things because nothing is hidden from Him. He sees all that happen in our lives and also understands the pain we feel because He has been through all we are going and would ever go through. He understands our weaknesses and knows how tough it gets to remain still when one feels an urgent and compelling need to do something.  Moreover, He never thinks to be wicked to us neither will He ask us to do anything we cannot do. Since He formed us, He knows us much more than we know ourselves. Also, as I get older, I am even more convinced that God knows that most decisions made in this state may not move us forward. Wrong as this may seem, it may be the wisest thing to wait a minute than make a very “expensive mistake”. We all sometimes need a minute to think more clearly. It is also good to note that when God ask us to be still, it suggests that He is doing all the work for us and He never fails on any assignments nor does He ever lose any battles. He is such a winner that as soon as He rises His enemies are scattered.
 
Psalm 48: 9 – 10 “He causes wars to end throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and snaps the spear; He burns the shields with fire. Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation.”
 
Chaos is definitely one of the tricks of the enemy to work victory for himself and wreak havoc in lives even the lives of believers. He stirs up chaos in lives and keeps us running from place to place like “headless chicken” as the popular adage in my place says. I guess when one leaves God behind they truly become “headless”. The evil prince of the power of the air has succeeded in making life so chaotic that some people, even believers, now think it is normal for our lives to be chaotic which by the way is different from being busy though it has been greatly mixed up which of course makes even more room for satanic activities so that more people now deliberately walk their way into chaos unwittingly creating the right atmosphere for the devil to operate. Satan loves chaos and knows that for God to come into a situation, the Holy Spirit would first move to restore order so he encourages people to create chaotic atmospheres which they ignorantly hold onto because they are deceived by satan and by so doing, they are themselves frustrating the Holy Ghost and conversely God, from resolving the issues. Please let us take a minute to be still especially at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment