Monday 16 May 2011

Christian Challenges - Your Pathway to Higher Heights!


Life sometimes seems so complicated. After giving much thought to life’s challenges, I have come to the conclusion that life is just tough. Please bear with me because I may be wrong. I tried to understand how people who do not have Christ cope, it must be tough. This gives me greater reason to empathize with such people. No wonder some take their own lives. I am grateful for Christ in my life - a God that is a strong support; absolutely dependable, one that listens to everything I have to say to Him and yet is not moved by emotions to do just whatever I want but only does what will ultimately do me good.

Please tell me – how do you cope? I have heard some believers say that as a Christian, you only face difficulties when you are in sin but that has not been my experience. I would have thought I was deceiving myself but for the story of Jesus at Gethsemane and also the scripture immediately below.

 Ecclesiastes 9: 2KJV “All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous and to the wicked;”

My confidence however, is in the fact that He goes through every challenge with me and after several challenges, I am now always confident that He will bring me through each one a victor and that with each victory; I enter a new level of glory. I guess it was in similar circumstance that Paul wrote in

2 Corinthians 7: 14 NLT “For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever”.

You know there are times when I think I know my way out of my challenges. My head tells me a temporal solution though at the time I’m thinking it is a permanent solution and I just want to sort it all out but I have learnt over time that God is working behind the scenes to give me the victory. I am learning to wait on Him and His pattern for victory. His victory is not only final but last forever.

Ecclesiastes 3: 14NLT “And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it.”

It surely helps if one could tell the duration of each challenge but unfortunately we can’t. However, it helps to understand what season of life one is in at every point. That knowledge helps. Inability to identify what season of life one is in makes a man even more miserable because instead of riding the storm, you try to fight.

Ecclesiastes 8: 6-7KJV “Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon Him. For He knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be? ”

If you are right now in one of those seasons, rest assured, He will not only bring out but also take you higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment