Monday 30 September 2013

Stop! Don't Let That Pain Define You!

I don't know about you but I have felt very disappointed and deeply hurt by people in the course of life. Sometimes, it hurts so bad it is an ache in the chest yet you are unable to talk about it. At such times, I wish I could let tears flow but then it hurts too deep for tears. If you don't understand the pain I am talking about, I understand; you have never experienced it. Let me add that a number of them could have been avoided if I was just a little wiser. Also, in all my imperfections I have hurt others so this isn't about critiquing or blaming anyone.

Isaiah 61: 1 & 3a "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed...To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair."

My blog today is written for everyone who feels they have been hurt or disappointed and so have the right to hold on to that pain thereby going off God's destined purpose for their lives. I am throwing out a challenge to everyone that has stopped living because they have refused to move beyond the point of their hurt and/or disappointment-please how long are you going to remain there? For how long more do you want to put your life on hold when there is a balm in Gilead and His name is Jesus. You have to refuse to be a victim rising above all the hurt and pain. It is time to stop and start living again. Have you forgotten that your Saviour is the healer who also heals the broken hearted? Your pain is not so bad that He can't heal you.

Jeremiah 8: 22 "Is there no medicine in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why is there no healing for the wounds of my people?"

Please note that I can not undermine all that hurt. I understand pain, physical and emotional, but  until you let go off that pain, you are living less than you ought to. Though you may feel very justified for hugging the hurt, you may also be shutting God and a lot of His goodness out of your life. Meanwhile God may be blessing your offender which I think God does sometimes to force us out of that self-pitying state. Why don't you lift up your head now and look to the joy that is coming in the morning. Let me assure you, no matter how deep the hurt, there is joy ahead of you and you shall celebrate if you give God the opportunity to heal you.

Psalm 147: 3 "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds."

It is time to rise up and walk. Just like that sick man at the pool of Bethesda, enough of all that camping at the place of pain; it is time to rise up, pick up your bed and walk. The hurt and/disappointment must not stop you. Begin to walk, despite the pain; start taking steps that will move you forward and as you do so, God also is working the healing. Sadly, we sometimes think people hurt us when in truth, we hurt them. So while we are being judgmental saying they hurt us, heaven is actually judging us for hurting them. It is time to drop all unnecessary weight so we can run the race that is set before us. If you don't let go off the weights, no one can compel or do it for you. It has to be your decision.

Hebrews 12: 1b "let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."

No comments:

Post a Comment