Monday 3 September 2012

GOD WILL MAKE A WAY ….

Did you ever hear the song by Don Moen that says “God will make a way where there seems to be no way; He works in ways we cannot see”? Well, old as it is, it is one of my all-time favorites. You will only understand why if you are like me who from time to time needs to remind myself repeatedly that my God is a “way-maker”; and this despite the fact that He has made a way for me out of very difficult situations times without number. This has nothing to do with believing that He keeps His promises which I know for certain. My problem is that I think a lot which makes me worry unnecessarily even to the point where I worry for God. I find myself trying to help Him figure out how He would keep His promise in the “very contrary looking situation” I appear to be in. Then forgetting that He is God and I am mere mortal, I conclude, in some situations, that He may be unable to make a way.

It is like having two different compartments in my mind; in one compartment is the definite knowing or assurance that He keeps His promises and nothing is impossible with Him. In the other compartment is the part that worries for God as to how He would fulfill His word in that very difficult circumstance. You will only understand this dilemma if you have found yourself in this circumstance before. The truth is that everyone who is like me must realize is that God knew about the difficulties when He made the promise yet He did knowing that it is impossible for Him to fail and/or lie. It has nothing to do with you or myself but everything to do with who He is.

Moreover, He made all things and unlike us, sees the end from the beginning. He also sits on the circle of the earth which is a vantage position, from where He sees all things unlike us who only know what is revealed to us and there is no one to whom all things are revealed for the bible says we only know in part. How can a man who only knows in part, then attempt to figure out how and where a way can be made in the situation? Some of our difficulty is that we barely understand the principle of being deity or the sovereign of deities and the Governor amongst the nations whose word is always yes and amen.

Daniel 4: 17b the Most High rules over the kingdoms of the world.”

Having carefully considered the position of man in relation to who God is, I realize that it is impossible for our minds to figure out how God would work His way out a seemingly tight place. We just are unable to see the way. Our understanding, the extent to which we see and our authority are too limited for us to almost conceive what God would need to do to “bring us out.” No wonder when we think on these things too much, we lose hope because it is, in man’s reality, an impossible situation but absolutely and totally different, in God’s reality. Such journeys would always end up in unbelief which is insulting to God. I think I now see why God finds unbelief so annoying; we reduce Him to our human level. We must learn to let God concentrate on being God whilst we concentrate on being men who set their eyes steadfastly on God and not the situation.

Isaiah 55: 8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, says the Lord. And my ways are beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment