Monday 25 July 2011

Your Season of Blessings Is Here! Be Prepared For Battle!

I woke up this morning; very distracted. Everything else paled to insignificance leaving only a very frightening issue. Suddenly I was very panicky. It seemed like I may not get some of the blessings I already know to be mine in this season. I am a teacher of the word, and teach that as Christians, we have to fight for what is ours since satan is always fighting to steal what is ours: but in truth, there are some battles I hate to fight. I don’t mind helping someone else but please why do I need to fight these battles? After all, the things are mine, given to me by the all powerful God.

What is grievous to me is that some of these battles, I already fought years ago and thought I had won. Then suddenly they appear; and I am persuaded that God is speaking to me and asking me fight in the spirit, which is where I am empowered to fight, for what is mine. Unfortunately, I am so ill equipped for these battles physically that even if I wanted to fight physically, I will fail woefully. So really, my best bet is to heed God’s voice but won’t it be easier to deal with these things physically and then move on?

One thing is certain; there is something about the enemy and our blessings. No wonder in the midst of talking about blessings, God begins to talk about how He would also give us victory over our enemies. I just realized that it is an endless fight because God’s outpouring of blessings in our lives is endless.

Deuteronomy 28: 7NKJV “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways”

The bible says seed time and harvest time will never cease as long as the earth remains. So there will always be the season of harvest which is the season of blessings as long as the earth remains. In every season of harvest, the farmer has to be smart because the seed is no longer hidden. It has come to full bloom and is no longer hidden from any animal or insect that has desired it for food. If for example, it is tomatoes, it would be bright red and the healthier it is, the more attractive. The farmer would have to move fast to harvest; and maybe put a fence around his farm so that no thief would enter and harvest. Some thieves don’t even want your harvest, they just destroy it. Our harvest will always attract the enemy in every harvest season: so will our blessings.

Genesis 8: 22NKJV “While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and Summer, and day and night shall not cease.”

When the seed is first planted, not a lot of people know how it would end up so the enemies are very few but the harvest season becomes dangerous and our God uses different strategies at different times. He is a master strategist. We have to discern His voice telling us what strategy is best at each point. Jesus had to be hidden in Egypt from Pharaoh at some point. God could have told his parents to war in the spirit but he did not. There is a time to be physical and a time to fight in the spirit.

This explanation has given me a better understanding of why we seem to need to fight even harder in the season of blessings and I am not weary anymore. As I type away, I feel better emotionally and “very prepared to the battle.” Understanding truly strengthens; no wonder God says we must acquire it.



No comments:

Post a Comment