Monday 18 October 2010

God is Calling. Draw Near To His Love TODAY!

I hear the gentle voice of God calling me to draw closer. I believe it is time to draw nearer to God. I hear this so loud in my heart; and it really sounds very true to me. I feel so strongly about it that I thought to encourage every one of us to draw closer to Him especially at this time. God has His arms stretched out ready to embrace us but do we run into it? He wants us to run into His open arms and to hold even tighter to Him now more than ever before. As you tighten your grip on Him, He also does the same on you.

Psalm 32: 10NLT –“Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust in the Lord”.

I believe God would love to make the first move to hug us tighter but He would rather not coerce us into making the decision to love Him. After all in sending His son to die for us, He made the first move toward showing us love. How would you feel if you know that you coerced someone into loving you? It may seem okay in the beginning because you feel you won but eventually you begin to want more from that person. You want the person to love you for who you. God does not manipulate us. He lays it all out in the open and hopes that you and I will make the decision to love Him and to keep loving Him.

So now is the time to draw nearer to Him but how do I do that since He is not a physical being? We just need to try to ensure that we spend more time in His Word sincerely studying with a view to having a deeper understanding of Him. We spend more time fellowshipping with Him than with things or people that talk ‘foolish things’ more often than not. The bible says iron sharpens iron. We worship and try as much as possible to create an atmosphere around us, in our home and/or offices, which allows the Holy Spirit ‘hangout’ with us – that is an atmosphere for miracles. You can create it around you all the time.

Psalm 16: 11AMP – “you will show me the path of life; in your presence is fullness of joy, at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

All of that joy and pleasure belong to you and I. You can not enter into His presence and come out empty. Whatever you take in the spiritual will then translate to abundance in the physical. It is indeed time to draw near to Him. If you do so, rest assured He will draw near to you also. As you go through the week, please meditate on the scripture below and may it be your portion forever in Jesus name.

Psalm 34:5NLT – Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.

3 comments:

  1. nathaniel bassey19 October 2010 at 11:15

    Praise God! Sunday morning I was reading my bible and I did read about Love.I went to church and a preacher from Papa Hagin's Rhema institute visited our church and spoke on Love.I went to Laterna, got a teaching by papa Hagin on Love.Finally got this email about Love.It is so clear that this word is one for this season.Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about this ever since I read it. It has been working on my heart. It might be your words Pastor B, but I take it as a love letter from my God to me personally. A God that just wants to love me and give me the best life ever......It would be so sad it I dont guard my time alone with him jealously. This kind of love energises, encourages, emboldens and empowers me to love! This kind of love is all I really need to face the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just yesterday, i attributed all the problems of the past & present world to Adam and Eve's fall from grace, but then i wondered if it wasn't part of God's plan,since He knows all things and could have prevented them from falling.The Spirit of God then ministered to me that God, being who He is "does not manipulate us. He lays it all out in the open and hopes that you and I will make the decision to love Him and to keep loving Him."So the choice was Adam and Eve's, just as it is ours today.Nonetheless, His thoughts towards us are constant...they are always of good,only that our choices sometimes hold His hand/thought.
    Thanks Pastor B for this article and more.God bless ya real good.

    ReplyDelete