Friday 28 April 2017

The Background Is Also As Powerful A Stage …

I have missed writing these articles. What started as a short break almost became permanent; but for “that reminder phone call”. In my mind, I became too busy to write even when there was something in my spirit to share. Let me share this little information- blogging was never my idea. If you have been blessed by any of the articles we put out here, it may interest you to know that I only started writing these articles because I was prodded so hard, I had no option but to write. My “prodder” created my Facebook page and my blog. Despite her very busy job schedule and responsibilities as believer, wife, mother and sister, she posted my blog for several years and only stopped because I insisted it was too much work for her, along with her several other commitments. Interestingly, her name would not appear anywhere on my blog except as a commentator neither would you see her name written on my Facebook page as the woman who put it together but it is my firm belief that for every positive impact made on any life by any of the blog articles, heaven smiles at her also. She also made that call reminding me that one or more people miss the articles; again pushing to ensure that I continue writing.

1 Corinthians 12: 12 “The body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body.”

John 14: 16ESV “And I will ask The Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever”

In this role, she reminds me of the Holy Spirit, an ever present Help, who though unseen, has a very strong presence. Interestingly, He never struggles to be seen. Anyone who ignores Him, will discover that it is not wise to do so; but if one relies on Him, they will be blessed. His presence in any life makes a huge difference if such persons are able to allow themselves take advantage of His presence. Isn’t it interesting that God would make such a ‘powerful Help’ unseen? Despite that He is often at work doing awesome things in and through us, He remains silent making us appear much smarter than we are and leaving us the option of whether or not to acknowledge Him. Though it is best to acknowledge Him, even when we deem to forget to do so, He remains committed to helping us. He seems to me that perfect example of the unprofitable servant whom we ought to be.

Luke 17: 10 “So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, we are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.”

1 Corinthians 12: But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where He wants it.”

So today, I write for all those whose God given roles place them seemingly “behind the scenes.” I write for all who think they have been slaving away to ensure that someone else “looks good” on their God given stage and are now feeling frustrated. You are as powerful and blessed as the person who is out there. For every good word spoken about the person out there for all they do, heaven is pleased with you. You are just as useful as that person and who knows, you may just be sowing seeds toward your own future “stage appearances” because you would also need people to help you make it perfect. How would you have ever known what it takes if you never had the experience that gives you room to see the difficulties without the pain that comes from making mistakes whilst on the public stage. There is so much to learn which can’t learnt with a bitterness filled heart. Your role is no less; it is also a stage albeit one behind the scenes. Your strength adds to increase the strength of the one whom you facilitate. Please note that the more public stage isn’t just those in public offices or roles; the public stage is any role that puts one “out there” whether it be husband, boss and or any other role that requires us to work to ensure that another succeeds at their God given responsibilities whilst we remain unseen.

1 Corinthians 12: 22b & 24b ESV “On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable … but God has composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it.”

I want to remind you today that the one with whom we have to deal is indeed a rewarder. Not only is He very mindful of all we do when we do them as ‘unto the Lord,’ He also rewards. Though His reward may seem to take a little longer than it should, be assured that it will come. It is impossible for Him to forget to reward us. Just as I close, I think it is only fair that I let you know the lady who set me on this path - Bola Essien Nelson. May God bless you. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. *tears in my eyes*

    This is my Pullitzee prize.

    *wiping away my tears*.

    Pastor B, from you, this is Golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bola, this is not enough. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete